"Indecision is like a stepchild: if he does not wash his hands, he is called dirty, if he does, he is wasting water." - African proverb

When I relegated my Converse lo-tops to the trash can recently I was assuming that replacing them would be a no-thought-click-and-buy kind of deal (Chuck Taylor fanatic that I am)...yet I find myself on the irritatingly uncomfortable horns of a dilemma. On the one hand (or should that be horn?)...the waif-ish charms of the Chuck Taylor All Star Slim...on the other...the more rugged, durable, and dare I say slightly more adult, distressed leather of Frye's Kira Low Tops.

Annoyingly, I'm vacillating between the two...between what I know...what is, after all these years, a part of "me"...and the thrill of the new. A battle (inside my head) between "skateboarder" and "wealthy Italian vacationer" (the classifications are of course, once again, inside my head)...and you know, just this once, I think that the "wIv" may be winning out...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Cora. said...
    2:41 PM
    The question is, would you rather skateboard or go to Italy?
  • Jennifer said...
    6:01 PM
    Converse, always.
  • Jessica said...
    9:39 AM
    converse!
    just think of all the outfits that can go with converse (ie, pretty much any outfit) - now, wouldn't at least 75% of those (i'm being generous to the kiras here) look either like you'd forgotten to choose shoes for your outfit, or else like you were trying too hard? if you want the more durable aspect of the leather, get leather chucks. i bet anything that if you go for the kiras, you'll end up still needing a pair of chucks as well.
  • Hebden said...
    8:27 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think I was trying to talk myself into "change for the sake of change"...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...