Smile for the camera...

My father had an old school camera...with various lenses and settings. It looked terribly professional...and I think he considered himself the Scottish David Bailey...however the results were appalling...and we had albums full of family photos that were either blurry or off-center. His particular forte was to get 80% of a person in shot...and, like a picture of an iceberg, you always knew that something was missing.

I'd put his camera out of my mind (as you tend to do with painful memories) but it forced its way back in when I saw these bracelets made from used camera components. Unique, one-off...I just wish my father had used his camera for this purpose instead of photography...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • 2:28 PM
    Aw your poor dad...funny story though! My dad left me a Rolleiflex but I have no clue how to use it. One day I will learn...
  • Anonymous said...
    4:43 AM
    Love the accessories.... my dad has similar aspirations of wanting to be next photographer extraordinaire...to quite hilarious consequences...
  • 2:59 PM
    Very creative bracelets. I know the feeling of wanting to have better photos, eg. heads are cut off in photos, buildings appear to be coming out of your head, etc.
  • Elizabeth said...
    3:55 PM
    I love the idea of these. My dad would have appreciated them.
  • MARA said...
    11:30 AM
    hi! for a better use of cameras,
    check out our new Paris-based style blog,
    with 100% professional pictures.

    enjoy!

    m.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...