'All that succession and repetition of massed humanity... Those vile bodies...' - Evelyn Waugh

I usually try not to do "what the hell?" posts...mainly because one man's meat is another man's poison and...who am I to judge? Which was a great sentiment...until I came face to face with a picture of Antipodium's Vile body jumper. I can't decide if this is some kind of (very obscure) Evelyn Waugh tribute...or a reference to that fact that no-one is going to look good dressed in what is essentially a variation of a 1920's bathing suit with buttons on the nipples...either way I can't think of a more fitting name.Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    10:02 AM
    Yep, Vile really nails it. It kind of reminds me of movies named Jinxed or Doomed or the like. Generally they are.
  • Jaclyn Johnson said...
    10:07 AM
    yay me too!! :)
  • The Spicers said...
    10:19 AM
    I don't know....I can picture it worn under something sheer as a sort of underpinning. Either that, or as a nautically-inspired wrestling outfit!
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:39 AM
    VILE is really good. Much better than my usual 'preposterous!'

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...